Thursday, February 2, 2012

You Can't Anything by Doing Nothing

So I've been wanting to write another blog for quite sometime but I just can't find the time. It could be writers block but I doubt that too, so I figure the only thing keeping me from writing in this damn thing is myself. After pimp smacking myself in the face for keeping myself from doing such a productive task, I happened to slap some sense into myself and remember that this is something I complain about with people today.

It drives me off the padded walls when I hear someone say that they can't do something. I make sure to correct my daughter every time that she says that she can't do something and tell her that there is nothing in life that we can't do... well there are something likes stapling jello to a tree or taking your pet fish for a walk outside of his bowl but as usual I have gotten sidetracked let me reenter my zone with another one of these...

Ready for a good quote "I can do anything that is possible, and anything that is impossible it will just take me a little longer to finish." Basically let me interpret that, before saying something is impossible you need to learn how to do it and never give up until you get it done. Now let's get a legal disclaimer in here, I'm not telling you that it's possible to jump out of a plane without a parachute and you'll survive... actually there was this one guy who survived when his chute failed to open but it wasn't exactly something he friggin practiced ya know, sorry time to head back to the subject with another one of these... What I am telling you is that if someone else can do it then you can do it as well.

Look I'll be the first to tell you I can't dance, the reason why I can't dance is because I've made no effort to learn how to dance. It's just not a hobby of mine and due to the fact that I look like I'm trying to make myself look stupid when I dance, I elect to keep my ass off the dance floor. That's not saying that I'll never be able to dance, one day I may decide that I want to dance and the next time you see me I'll be like one of those penguins in Happy Feet, breaking it down baby.

Something I'm known for in my circle of friends, that I prefer to call "my peeps", is whenever I fail at something I go back and analyze exactly what the hell happened and counter it until I get it right. Some would call it being a sore loser, I call it being a determined loser. I refuse to let anyone beat me at anything that I am willing to put my mind to.

Bottom line is before saying that you can't do something ask yourself if you have tried to do it. I'm not saying did you give it a shot and couldn't do it so you can't do it, I'm saying ask yourself if you made the effort to get to the point that you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment